Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shri Ramachandra Kripalu - Unplugged(revisiting an old post)

Shri Ramachandra Kripalu - Unplugged by Jaya Vidyasagar


 Revisiting an old post with an unplugged version

"Sri Ramachandra Kripalu" is a soul-stirring bhajan written in the "Ramacharitamanas" by the Hindi saint-poet Goswami Tulsidas in the sixteenth century . Goswami Tulsidas was one of the greatest saint-poets in the Bhakti tradition of medieval India. The song is written in Awadhi, a language that is considered as a bridge between Sanskrit and Hindi. It also has traces of the Khadiboli dialect of his time. It appears in the "Sundara Kandam" of the Ramayana, when Hanuman finds the daughter of King Janaka. The bhajan evokes a richly decorated, fully-limbed, handsome physical image of Lord Rama. However, the symbolism in the bhajan is purely to create a focus on Lord Rama. It is one of the most popular bhajans in India and is considered to be a classic. 
 
Based on Raag Yaman,  this is an unplugged version with just a tanpura for accompaniment.

19 comments:

  1. Pristine, as ever.. :)

    - Raj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine rendition as always! The unplugged version turned out to be much better than the original. The best effect comes during twilight or evening I guess as Yaman is known as an evening raaga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akshay, yes its an evening raaga. Personally, I always enjoy this song in the mornings though :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks. It was a pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this Bhajan by heart. I used to sing in unison in the temples nearby my home along with other devotees during the evening puja. :)

    Nicely sung. Made me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your voice can heal any amount of pain Jaya.
    you are simply mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your voice can heal any amount of pain,Jaya.
    You are simply mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely sung. Just Tanpura is the best, because then the majesty and tenderness of the voice won't be swallowed up by the sounds of other instruments. Thank you for this gift.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Amazing! Wow! it has just mermerised me and has taken me to me to a different world. Today early morning when there was absolute silence, I again listened your song. The effect was electrifying. Thanks for sending me this wonderful link.
    Your voice is divine, without any doubt. It heals the person who listens to it.
    thanks

    KVS

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb jaya. really divine voice.
    u have made my day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Giri Anna , its wonderful to hear from you :)

      Delete
  10. It's a such an honest rendition that I have not words to express...so soulful right from the heart....It made my day and Ia m not sure how many times I will listen it going forward. Thank you Sharing Jaya!!

    ReplyDelete